Joe Alba in class
The faculty at the Hough Graduate School of Business ranked third in the world in faculty quality.

The Economist ranks UF MBA among top 20 U.S. public full-time programs

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – UF MBA at the Hough Graduate School of Business was ranked 19th among U.S. public business programs in The Economist’s “Which MBA?” 2014 full-time MBA rankings.

UF MBA, the only program from the state of Florida to appear in the top 100, ranked 45th among all U.S. full-time MBA programs and 80th among global programs.

UF MBA was also recognized for its faculty quality, which ranked 14th in the world (seventh among U.S. programs and fourth among U.S. publics). Supporting UF MBA’s impressive faculty quality ranking was the program’s favorable faculty-to-student ratio (.82-to-1)—ranked 12th in the world—and that 98 percent of the professors at the Hough Graduate School of Business possess Ph.D.’s.

Other impressive results were students’ assessment of UF MBA’s facilities (18th globally) and breadth of UF MBA’s alumni network (26th).

The Economist’s rankings are based on two surveys. The first survey, which accounts for approximately 80 percent of the ranking, is completed by the schools, and provides quantitative information such as average GMAT scores, salaries of graduates, etc. The second survey, which accounts for the remaining 20 percent, is a qualitative survey completed by current MBA students and a school’s most recent graduating MBA class. Respondents rate quality of the faculty, facilities and career services among other factors.

To provide a more well-rounded view of the programs, The Economist factors in results from previous surveys as well. The 2014 survey results account for 50 percent of the current ranking. The 2013 surveys account for 30 percent and the 2012 results account for 20 percent.

The student survey was completed by 12,946 respondents.

The Economist has previously acknowledged UF MBA and the Hough Graduate School of Business for its quality and innovation. The Economist named UF MBA’s Internet Program as one of the two best online MBA programs in the world in its 2010 “Which MBA?” Distance-Learning Special.

Offering a progressive curriculum and delivering cutting-edge concepts in areas of greatest demand from employers, UF MBA provides an unmatched educational experience offering three full-time options—including a Two-Year Traditional program—and six part-time options within its Executive, Internet and Professionalprograms.